Here’s How to Log Out of Instagram
Until recently, the only way to cancel your Instagram account was to enter into a web browser on a desktop or mobile device. As a result, Instagram has to implement a function that allows users to delete their accounts beginning June 30, 2022.
If you decide to delete your account, you should be aware that the data you’ve entered will be permanently lost.
If you have second thoughts about deactivating your account, you have 30 days to alter your mind and re-register with Instagram to prevent the deletion from taking place.
Deactivating your Instagram account instead of deleting it will keep your content concealed until you log back in and reactivate your account.
Follow these instructions to deactivate or delete your Instagram account on your Apple mobile device:
- Open Instagram in your mobile device’s app drawer.
- In the lower right-hand corner, click the profile symbol.
- Tap the three lines at the top-right of the screen.
- Take a look at the options.
- Select Account from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Tap the Delete account option at the bottom of the menu.
- Verify your action by selecting Delete Account (or Deactivate Account).
- If you choose to hide your status, no one will be able to see what you’re up to.
The ability to see when you last logged in or used the service. Check out our comprehensive how-to guide to get the details on how it all works.