Unsure of how to experience the iOS 16 Beta? An easy tutorial for downloading the iOS 16 Beta is provided here. Apple’s software betas come in two variations. the Developer Beta and the Public Beta. Both have been made available to make testing easier and more efficient. The Developer Beta is made available first, however it does contain a significant number of defects. After that, the Public Beta is made available.
Customizing your iPhone is simpler than ever with iOS 16. In Safari’s Focus Mode, you can restrict your browsing to a single tab. Now, let’s talk about the new iOS 16 lock screen layout.
Widgets can be added to your lock screen. You can add activity rights to your lock screen if you use the Apple watch and are concerned about your health.
Therefore, how do you download the iOS 16 Beta? How to download the iOS 16 Beta is explained here. Keep reading to find out the main distinction between Public Beta and Developer Beta and whether you should purchase it.
How to Download the iOS 16 Beta: Public Beta
The iOS 16 Public Beta is released to test the software on a larger user base. You will need to sign up for Public Beta on Apple’s Beta Program website. Once you have signed up, you will have to install the Beta. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to download the iOS 16 Public Beta.
1. Log in to Beta Software Program using your Apple ID.
2. Download and install the profile.
3. Go to Settings on your iPhone to enable the profile. Go to Settings- General- VPN and Device Management. Now, tap on the iOS 16 Beta Profile.
4. You can now see the Beta version of iOS 16 in Software Update.
5. Tap on Download and Install.
Note: If you had signed up for a different Beta last year, you would have to uninstall the profile and then sign-up again for iOS 16 Beta.
Your iPhone will now be operating on the iOS 16 Public Beta.
How to Download the iOS 16 Beta: Developer Beta
If you want to try the iOS 16 Developer Beta, you will have to register specifically for the Developer Beta Program with Apple. Once you have registered for the Developer Beta Program, you can download it. Let me show you how you can sign-up for the Developer Beta & how to download the iOS 16 Developer Beta.
1. Open Safari on your iPhone. Go to Apple’s Developer Beta user site.
2. Log in to the account using your Apple ID.
3. Now, go to Downloads. You can find this on the left side of your screen.
4. Once you tap on Downloads, scroll down to iOS 16 Beta and click on Install Profile. Now, click on Accept.
5. Once you have done this, head over to Settings on your iPhone. You will be able to see the Profile Downloaded at the top of your screen.
6. Tap on Install to start the installation of the iOS 16 beta profile.
7. You will now be asked to accept the developer consent form. You can accept it if you have no issues with the terms and conditions.
8. You will have to restart your iPhone.
9. After restarting your iPhone, go to Settings- General- Software Update. You can now see the iOS 16 Beta option. Tap on Download and Install.
10. You will have to wait for some time for iOS 16 Beta to be downloaded. Once it is downloaded, tap on Install when prompted to do so.
Your iPhone is now operating on the iOS 16 Developer Beta.
Public Beta vs Developer Beta: Know the Difference
There is a difference between Apple‘s Public Beta and Developer Beta. Both the beta versions are designed for specific purposes. When talking about the cost of the beta version, Public beta is free to all those who have registered for it. Whereas Developer Beta requires you to pay an annual fee. Both the Beta version are available only to the users who have registered on Apple’s Beta Program website. Let me explain a little bit more about the Developer Beta.
Developer Beta for iOS 16 will be available to the users who have registered specifically for it. You can opt for this if you are a software developer and need to try the beta before the Public beta is released. The Developer Beta Program is a paid program. You can test the beta at an annual fee of $99.
Both Beta versions, Public and Developer, will have bugs and glitches. This is normal for any beta version. But it will cause your device to break a little. As you will be using a relatively unstable version of the operating system.
The iOS 16 Beta download process is now clear to you. With iOS 16, you can download the Public Beta or the Developer Beta. You must pay an annual subscription to access the Developer Beta, though. Both Beta versions are also rather unstable. We’ll continue to post on the most recent technological news. Continue to visit thetechxp
Frequently Asked Questions
How to get iOS 16 beta?
You need to register yourself as a Beta User with Apple to try iOS 16 Beta. You can do this on the official Beta Program website.
Is iOS 16 out?
No, iOS 16 is not out yet. It will be released later this year. The beta versions are still being tested.
Is iOS 16 buggy?
Yes, iOS 16 is a bit buggy. iOS 16 has its fair share of bugs and glitches as well.