This article describes how to set up and use voicemail on an iPhone 13.
What You Should Know
- Tap Voicemail, followed by Set Up Now. Make a password and a greeting for yourself. Select a standard or personalised greeting.
- To use voicemail, open Voicemail, select a message, and then press the Play button.
- To delete a voicemail, select the message and press the Delete button.
How Do I Set up Voicemail on iPhone 13?
Setting up voicemail on iPhone 13 is as simple as it was on previous iPhones and iOS generations. Open the Phone app, then hit Voicemail and then Set Up Now. Select a password for your voicemail, followed by a default or custom greeting.
Following the steps outlined above, voicemail is configured and ready to use on iPhone 13.
How Do I Check Voicemail on iPhone 13?
Checking your voicemail is as simple as opening the Phone app and selecting the Voicemail tab.
Visual Voicemail refers to the list of voicemail messages that you can access on the iPhone. This feature, as well as voicemail transcription, are not available on all carriers, in all regions, and in all languages. Depending on your circumstances, your iPhone may lack these features.
- Open the Phone app, tap Voicemail, and select a message. Tap Play to listen to a voicemail message.
- Tap Delete (trash can) to send a message to Deleted Messages, where it can be deleted permanently or undeleted.
- The cellphone provider may permanently destroy deleted messages in particular countries and areas and on specified carriers. Changing SIM cards might also result in the deletion of voicemail messages.
- If your iPhone 13 lacks Visual Voicemail support, open Voicemail and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Siri can also be used to access your voicemail. Activate Siri and tell her to play a voicemail from a specific person. The voicemail will then be played by Siri.
Voicemail Tips and Tricks on iPhone 13
You can still adjust voicemail settings once you’ve set up voicemail.
- To alter your greeting, open Voicemail and press Greeting.
- Navigate to Settings > Phone > Update Voicemail Password to change your voicemail password. Change the voicemail password.
- Go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics or Settings > Sounds to change the voicemail alert sound. To change the sound of your voicemail alert, select New Voicemail.
- Tap a message in Voicemail to see a transcription if your iPhone 13 supports voicemail transcription. Transcription is affected by the quality of the recorded message, so your results may vary.