What You Should Know
- Menu > Settings > Payment Methods, enter your information, and save.
- Settings > Payment > Add Payment Method > Credit or Debit Card or PayPal Account, enter your information, and save.
- Alter your payment method: Open the payment method screen> select the payment method you want to use > Set (as) (as) Default
This guide will walk you through the process of changing payment methods on a Meta Quest 2 or Oculus Quest 2.
How to Change Payment Methods in the Oculus Phone App
The Meta Quest app on your phone allows you to manage your account outside of VR, with a range of options and even a marketplace where you can buy Quest 2 games. It’s also the simplest way to add and alter payment methods because you’re already familiar with the app from when you first set up your Quest 2.
In the Oculus phone app, follow these steps to add or update a payment method:
These instructions apply to both the Android and iPhone apps.
- Open the Meta Quest app and tap Menu.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Payment Methods.
- Enter your credit card details and tap Save, or tap Add a PayPal account.The new card, or your PayPal account, is now your default payment method. For instructions on switching between default payment methods, continue to the next step.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Payment Methods.
- Locate the credit card you want to use as your default payment method, and tap ⋮ (three vertical dots).
- Tap Set Default.You can also tap Remove in this menu to completely remove a payment method from your Meta Quest app.
- Your selected card will now be the default method.
How to Change Payment Methods in the Oculus PC App
In the Oculus PC client, you may also add new payment methods and choose your default payment method. It’s the same programme that’s used to link your Quest 2 to your PC through Link or Air Link, and it contains a marketplace, same like the mobile app, where you can buy games.
In the Oculus PC app, follow these steps to add or update a payment method:
- Open the Oculus PC app and click Settings.
- Click Payment.
- Click Add Payment Method.
- Select Credit or Debit Card, or PayPal Account.
- Enter your information, and click Save.
- The method you just entered is now your default payment method. To change it, locate a different method and click Set as Default.
- Click Set as Default again to confirm.
- Your selected method is now the default payment method.
How to Add a Card or Other Payment Method to Meta (Oculus) Quest and Quest 2
Although the Quest 2 includes a built-in storefront that allows you to purchase games without leaving virtual reality (VR), you cannot add or update a payment method from within the Quest 2 UI. If you need to add an initial payment method or switch to a new payment method, use the Meta Quest app on your phone or PC. There is nothing new to download or install because these are the same programmes you use to connect your Quest to your PC and set up your Quest on your phone. Because the process is the same in both apps, you can use whatever is more convenient for you.
How to change payment method on Oculus Quest 2 / Meta Quest 2
How do I use Oculus Quest to play Roblox?
Because Roblox isn’t immediately available in VR, you’ll need a workaround to play it on the Meta (Oculus) Quest and Quest 2 virtual reality headsets. Using a link cable, connect your headset to a PC. Once connected, go to the Roblox settings menu and activate VR.
How do I use Oculus Quest to play Steam games?
To play Steam games on Oculus Quest, you’ll need to use Oculus Link, which allows you to connect your Quest to a computer through a USB cable. When you see the Enable Oculus Link pop-up on your PC, activate the Quest and click Continue. Put on the headset and turn on Oculus Link. Run SteamVR in the headset from your app library or from the computer desktop.
How do I use Oculus Quest to play Minecraft?
A VR-ready PC and a connection cable are required to play Minecraft on your Oculus Quest or Quest 2 virtual reality headset. Your computer runs the Minecraft software and provides visual data to the headset, allowing you to play Minecraft in VR as long as you stay connected to your computer.