This post will show you how to add Bitmoji to your phone’s keyboard, as well as how to add Bitmoji to Android and enable the Bitmoji keyboard on iPhone.
What to Know
- You’ll need to download the Bitmoji app from the App Store or Google Play. Then sign in or create a new account.
- Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboards > Bitmoji > Allow Full Access > Allow.
- Open Settings > System > Languages & input > On-screen keyboard > Manage on-screen keyboards > Bitmoji Keyboard > OK > OK on Android.
How to Get a Bitmoji Keyboard on iPhone
You can add the Bitmoji keyboard to your iPhone if you have the Bitmoji app loaded and your Bitmoji avatar set up. This specialised keyboard offers you access to a vast array of Bitmojis that you can grab and use without leaving your preferred chat programme.
How to Install the Bitmoji Keyboard on Your iPhone
- Get the Bitmoji app from the app store if you haven’t already.Get Bitmoji from the App Store
- Open Settings, scroll down, and tap General.
- Scroll down, and tap Keyboard.
- Tap Keyboards.
- Tap Add New Keyboard.
- Tap Bitmoji.
- Tap Bitmoji.
- Tap the Allow Full Access toggle.
- Tap Allow.
- You’re now ready to start using the Bitmoji keyboard.
How to Use the Bitmoji Keyboard on iPhone
You’re ready to start sending Bitmojis to your friends once you’ve loaded the Bitmoji app and added the Bitmoji keyboard. You may access them using the ordinary iPhone keyboard in the same way you can images and emojis, or you can use the Bitmoji keyboard if you can’t find the proper one.
On your iPhone, follow these steps to utilise Bitmojis and access the Bitmoji keyboard:
- Open a message, and tap the globe icon at the bottom right of the keyboard.
- Tap the ABC at the bottom right of the keyboard.
- Tap the Bitmoji you want to use.You can use the search field to find a specific Bitmoji, the category icon to browse other Bitmojis, or the A icon to compose messages without returning to the usual iPhone keyboard.
- Tap and hold in the text field, and select Paste.
- Your Bitmoji is ready to send.
- To get back to the default keyboard, tap the globe icon in the bottom left corner of the bitmoji keyboard.
How to Get a Bitmoji Keyboard on Android
To use the Bitmoji keyboard on Android, you must have the Bitmoji app loaded on your phone and your avatar made. If you’ve previously done so, you can add Bitmoji as a keyboard option for quick access in chat apps.
How to Install the Bitmoji Keyboard on Android:
- Get the Bitmoji app from Google Play if you haven’t already.Get Bitmoji on Google Play
- Open Settings, and tap System.
- Tap Languages & input.
- Tap On-screen keyboard.
- Tap Manage on-screen keyboards.
- Tap the Bitmoji Keyboard toggle to turn it on.
- Tap OK twice.
- You’re now ready to start using Bitmojis.
How to Use the Bitmoji Keyboard on Android
You can start sending Bitmojis to your friends once you’ve installed Bitmoji on your Android device and enabled the Bitmoji keyboard. If you have Google’s Gboard keyboard, you can access Bitmojis directly from the standard keyboard, or you can switch to the Bitmoji keyboard.
In addition to a full alphanumeric keyboard, the Bitmoji keyboard on Android features shortcuts to several types of Bitmojis.
If you wish to access Bitmojis without switching to the Bitmoji keyboard, you’ll need Google’s Gboard. Gboard comes included with most Android smartphones, but if you don’t already have it, you can get it from Google Play.
- Open a message, and tap the emoji icon.
- Tap the Bitmoji icon (square speech bubble with a winking face).
- Tap the Bitmoji you want to send.
- If you prefer to use the actual Bitmoji keyboard, tap the keyboard icon.
- Tap Bitmoji Keyboard.
- Tap one of the Bitmoji category icons above the keyboard.
- Tap a Bitmoji.
- You can now send the Bitmoji.
- The Android Bitmoji keyboard works like a regular keyboard, but you can return to the default keyboard at any time by clicking the Keyboard icon and selecting Gboard.
How to Link Bitmoji to Android Keyboard
What happened to my Bitmoji keyboard?
If you don’t see your Bitmoji keyboard, check in to the Bitmoji app, then close and reopen the messaging app you’re using. If you’re still having problems, go to your device settings and toggle Bitmoji on and off, then restart your phone.
How can I activate the Bitmoji keyboard on my Samsung phone?
Because Android is used by all Samsung smartphones, the methods are the same. Set up an account in the Bitmoji app, then head to Settings > System > Languages & input > On-screen keyboard > Manage on-screen keyboards > Bitmoji Keyboard > OK > OK.
How do I modify my phone’s Bitmoji?
To edit your Bitmoji, launch the app and hit the Settings gear > Change Avatar Style to select a style, then return to the Bitmoji app and tap the Edit button (the pencil and person). Tap your Bitmoji once, then tap Edit Bitmoji in Snapchat.
On Android, how can I create a Memoji?
To make a Memoji on Android, build a Memoji on someone else’s iPhone or iPad, then email it to yourself on WhatsApp and save it as a sticker. Alternatively, you can use the Memoji app to generate an emoji and then install GBoard to use it in text messages.