Are you trying to figure out what Viewed and Opened on Snapchat mean? These two words, however, do conceal a different mystery. And that necessitates a thorough manual. Each word that appears on Snapchat, such as Seen/Viewed/Sent/Received/Opened, tells a whole narrative.
Whether it’s only partially opening the chat or fully viewing the snap, there are countless ways to use Snapchat. Continue reading to learn the distinction between being watched and being opened on Snapchat. Find out what each Snapchat icon’s color signifies to you.
What is the Difference Between Viewed and Opened on Snapchat?
The term Viewed and Opened hold different meanings on Snapchat. Here’s how the two words play a significant role on the platform:
View Icons in Snapchat
After you have opened a Snap or chat conversation, the square icon updates to a hollow one, it reveals that the message has been read well. As the icon changes:
- A hollow red square depicts that the snap or snaps without audio have been opened.
- A hollow purple square depicts that the snap or snaps with audio have been opened.
- A hollow blue square depicts that the chat has been opened
- A hollow gray square simply depicts that the snap or a chat sent has expired.
Opened Icons in Snapchat:
After you have received your snap or chat from a friend, you will see the Opened icon next to it. It comes up as a hollow arrow.
Have a look underneath at what each of the Opened icons means on Snapchat:
- A hollow red arrow depicts that the snap without audio was opened.
- A hollow purple arrow depicts that the snap with audio was opened.
- A hollow blue arrow depicts that the chat was opened
- A hollow green arrow depicts that the snap or a chat sent has expired.
Also, read What is Clean Energy Charging in iOS 16?
What Does Blue Opened Mean on Snapchat?
The Blue opened icon simply means that your friend has opened your chat message.
Can You View a Snap Without Opening It?
Generally, Snapchat shows the Opened just now icon when the app itself gets opened.
After the user looks at that opened icon, it will remain in the opened state afterward. However, you won’t be able to see when the snap was actually viewed.
The major difference between Viewed and Opened on Snapchat is that viewed comes up as the hollow red square and shows that the snap is very well read. However, Opened means that the user just opened that particular snap.
Watch What Is The Difference Between Viewed And Opened On Snapchat
This entire discussion centered on the distinction between watched and opened on Snapchat. Make Snapchat a comfortable and secure place to be by reading along the differences.
There is open space at thetechxp. Bring your questions along, and we’ll respond to you right away.