Knowing how to enable Google Maps dark mode on iOS is one method to make life easier on your eyes, especially because Apple Maps does not allow you to toggle the mode on and off.
Google Maps’ dark mode for iOS, which was released in September, now allows you to turn it on and off at any time, independent of how your iPhone is configured.
How to turn on Google Maps dark mode on iOS
Turning on dark mode in Google Maps is pretty simple.
1. Just open up the Google Maps app, and tap your Google account icon on the right-hand side of the search bar.
2. From there hit the Settings option
3. In the resulting settings menu tap the Dark Mode option half way down the screen
4. You’re then faced with three choices: The option to turn Dark Mode on, off, or tie it to your device settings.
5. One switches Google Maps into perpetual darkness, the other switches it to the bright white all the time, while ‘same as device settings’ means Google Maps’ dark mode tied to how your iPhone has been set up.
6. If you want to tweak the Dark you’ll need to go into the Settings menu and select Display & Brightness if you want to change the Dark Mode settings for your entire phone. There, you’ll find all of the other theme settings to play about with as you see fit.
You don’t have to sync Google Maps with the rest of your phone if you don’t want to. If you don’t want the settings menu to govern how you see everything, it’s entirely up to you.
The approach is essentially the same for any Android users who are reading this. The only change is that the menus appear to be slightly different, but only insignificantly.
What is Google Map in Ios ?
Google Maps is a web-based service that provides precise information on geographic regions and locations all over the world. Aerial and satellite views of numerous locations are available on Google Maps in addition to traditional road maps. Google Maps provides street views based on images obtained from vehicles in several cities.
As part of the wider Web application, Google Maps provides the following services.
- A route planner offers directions for drivers, bikers, walkers, and users of public transportation who want to take a trip from one specific location to another.
- The Google Maps application program interface (API) makes it possible for Web site administrators to embed Google Maps into a proprietary site such as a real estate guide or community service page.
- Google Maps for Mobile offers a location service for motorists that utilizes the Global Positioning System (GPS) location of the mobile device (if available) along with data from wireless and cellular networks.
- Google Street View enables users to view and navigate through horizontal and vertical panoramic street level images of various cities around the world.
- Supplemental services offer images of the moon, Mars, and the heavens for hobby astronomers.
Different tools, same destination
I’d be astonished if I found the same map in my folks’ car today. Not because it’s completely pointless, but because they’ve discovered something far more convenient: Google Maps.
Google Maps is a Google-provided free internet map. It can be accessed through your computer browser or as a mobile app. Google Maps can help you acquire step-by-step instructions, get information about nearby companies, and much more. Have you ever wondered where our website’s content comes from? Take a look at the Google map below!
Whenever I go somewhere for the first time, I use Google Maps to get directions. Just head over to maps.google.com, select Directions, and enter your destination. This video will show you how it works:
Get directions (that are even better).
You can use the Google Maps app if you have a smartphone. This software may provide you with free turn-by-turn directions, which means your phone will notify you when to turn left, perform a U-turn, or simply continue driving. Google Maps can even notify you when there’s a lot of traffic on the road ahead of you and advise a different route.