If you have a cable subscription or an antenna, you may watch the World Series for free. If you have a cable or satellite television subscription as well as an MLB.tv membership, you may watch the whole Fall Classic on MLB.tv. Fox Sports Go is available if you have a cable or satellite subscription.
Cord cutters can watch the series live from their computer, mobile device, or smart TV using a streaming service that includes Fox.
World Series Date, Time, and Channel
- Game 1: TBD
- Postseason Start: October 3
- Time (all): TBD
- Channel: Fox
- Teams: TBD
How to Watch the World Series Live Stream
There are two ways to watch a live stream of the world series:
- Postseason.tv: The official source for Major League Baseball live streams, which is only available during the postseason.
- Live television streaming services: Any service like fuboTV or Sling TV that offers a live stream of the local Fox affiliate will also stream the World Series.
World Series Official Live Stream Provider
For playoff games, including the World Series, Major League Baseball does not have an official live stream provider. Official MLB World Series live streams are only available if you have an MLB.tv subscription as well as a qualifying cable or satellite television provider.
This is known as a blackout, and it is caused by contractual obligations between Major League Baseball and the networks that pay to broadcast postseason games such as the World Series:
Postseason Live Blackout
Due to Major League Baseball exclusivities, all live games in the United States (including the territories of Guam and the United States Virgin Islands) and Canada will be blacked out throughout the MLB Postseason, with the exception of those games for which Authenticated Access is available. If you have an MLB.TV subscription and live in a blackout area, each of these games will be available as an archived game roughly 90 minutes after the game concludes.
Stream the World Series Live on MLB.com (Qualifying Subscribers Only)
Before you view the official World Series live stream, make sure you meet two requirements:
You must be a customer of a qualifying television provider.
You’ll need to sign up for Major League Baseball’s streaming subscription.
If you match both of those criteria, you may be allowed to watch postseason games, like as the World Series, via the official MLB website.
- Navigate to MLB.com.
- Log in to your MLB.com account.
- Place your mouse over MLB.tv in the navigation bar.
- Click on Watch MLB.tv.
- Look for the TV icon beneath the game you are interested in, and click one of the links.
Watch the World Series Online With Fox Sports Go
If signing up for an MLB.tv subscription in addition to cable sounds too expensive, but you already have a cable or satellite subscription, you can watch the World Series on Fox Sports Go.
Here’s how to do it:
- Navigate to FOXSportsGO.com.
- Click Sign In.
- Click TV Provider Sign In.
- Validate your cable or satellite subscription.
- On game day, click on a World Series game in the Live Now section.
How to Live Stream the World Series Without Cable
Because the World Series is broadcast on Fox, you can watch it live on any service that has access to a local Fox affiliate. There may be a few issues, but most live streaming television services offer a free trial period long enough to watch the entire World Series if you prefer not to pay for a television streaming subscription.
Here Are Some of the Services That May Allow You to Stream the World Series
- fuboTV is the streaming service of choice for many sports fans, and it includes a feed of your local Fox station if you live in a participating market.
- Sling TV includes Fox, but make sure that you choose the Sling Blue or Sling Orange + Blue package. The Sling Orange package doesn’t include Fox.
- Hulu with Live TV is available as an add-on to regular Hulu subscriptions, and it includes Fox.
- YouTube TV also includes Fox, which is available in 49 of the top 50 markets in the United States, so it’s worth a look.
Network television stations such as Fox are only available through online streaming services if they have an agreement with the local affiliate in your area. You won’t be able to watch the World Series if your local Fox station hasn’t reached an agreement with a streaming service. To check if Fox is available in your area, go to the website of each streaming service and enter your ZIP code.
How to Watch the World Series for Free Without Streaming
If all of your streaming choices have been exhausted, you may be able to watch the World Series for free. Because the World Series is televised on Fox, even if you don’t have cable, you can watch the entire event on your local Fox station.
The FCC DTV Reception Map is the best tool for determining whether you are within range of a Fox station. Enter your ZIP code or full address, and the tool will display the television stations in your area.
Many stations with strong signals can be received using low-cost interior antennas, although moderate and weak stations require more expensive outdoor antennas.
Other tools, such as Antenna Web, might provide further information about the type of antenna you require.
If you don’t have a television, connect a USB TV tuner to your computer and watch local television, including major events like the World Series, on your computer. This is an excellent option for sports lovers who do not own televisions and, because to regional restrictions, do not have access to Fox through internet streaming services.