Is today your lucky day?
Here are the Powerball winning numbers for Saturday, July 30, 2022:
4 – 17 -57 – 58 – 68 and Powerball 12
Powerplay was 3x
According to the Powerball website, the jackpot was $170 million, with a cash option of $100.5 million.
There was a $366.7 million Powerball jackpot won a month ago by a Vermont lottery player from Middlebury.
Following Friday night’s $1.337 billion Mega Millions jackpot win by an Illinois lottery player in Des Plaines, the prize has been reset to $20 million with a cash option.
Prior to the signing of a new law by Gov. Phil Murphy that allows winners to remain anonymous, lottery winners in New Jersey had to be recognized.
Please tell me how to play the Powerball game.
Three times a week, at 10:59 p.m. on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, Powerball drawings take place. In 2021, drawings for Mondays were introduced.
The cost of a ticket is $2, but if you add the $1 Power Play option, your potential win can be five times as much as the original prize (except for the jackpot and Match 5). If the jackpot is less than $150 million, players can opt for a 10x Power Play multiplier option as well.
The white balls have a range of 1 to 69, and the red Powerball has a range of 1 to 26. Each player chooses five numbers from 1 to 69 and one number from 1 to 26. However, if you choose, the lottery machine can generate a quick-pick ticket with random numbers for your convenience.
Unless you live in California, you can win anywhere between $400 and $1 million for matching the Powerball and the jackpot for matching all six balls. The Powerball website has a complete list of all jackpot disbursements.
To where may I play the Powerball?
Play is available in all 50 states, as well as the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands (as of this writing).
Lottery tickets can be purchased at most supermarkets, gas stations, and convenience stores. Online purchasing of Powerball tickets is permitted in some areas, but be on the lookout for scams. Before purchasing tickets online, check with your state lottery to learn more about online ticket sales.
To purchase a ticket, you don’t need to be a US citizen or a resident of the state where you live.
Powerball and Mega Millions: The states with the most jackpot winners are those in these two games.
In what way may I see the Powerball results?
Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 10:59 p.m. ET, the Powerball drawing is streamed live on the lottery’s website. The drawing can be viewed by clicking here..
Additionally, the drawing could be shown on a local television station in your area.
Please tell me how likely it is that I will win.
It’s fun to play Powerball, but don’t blow your winnings before you know if you’ve won.
You have a 292,201,338-to-1 chance of winning the jackpot.
To get all five white balls in a row, the odds are 11,688,053.
Unlucky? The following are 13 improbable events that are much more likely to occur than winning the lottery.
If I were to choose a cash option, what would it mean?
An annuity and a cash option are available in the major lotteries of the United States.
An annuity is a form of long-term financial security. Payments increase by 5% each year for 29 years after that initial payment.
The advertised jackpot is higher, but the cash option offers a lower payout, however it is paid out all at once. All the money will be yours in a matter of days, not years or decades.
What was biggest Powerball jackpot?
Here are the Top 10 jackpots since the Powerball lottery began in 1992:
- $1.586 billion, Jan. 13, 2016: Three winners in California, Florida, Tennessee
- $768.4 million, March 27, 2019: Won in Wisconsin
- $758.7 million, Aug. 23, 2017: Won in Massachusetts
- $730 million, Jan. 20, 2021: Won in Maryland
- $699.8 million, Oct. 4, 2021: Won in California
- $687.8 million, Oct. 27, 2018: Two winners in Iowa, New York
- $632.6 million, Jan. 5, 2022: Two winner in California, Wisconsin
- $590.5 million, May 18, 2013: Won in Florida
- $587.5 million, Nov. 28, 2012: Two winner in Arizona, Missouri
- $564.1 million, Feb. 11, 2015: Three winners in North Carolina, Puerto Rico, Texas
What was largest U.S. lottery jackpot ever?
Here’s a look at the top jackpots were won in the United States, between the Powerball and the Mega Millions lotteries:
- $1.586 billion, Powerball, Jan. 13, 2016: Three winners in California, Florida, Tennessee
- $1.537 billion, Mega Millions, Oct. 23, 2018: Won in South Carolina
- $1.337 billion, Mega Millions, July 29, 2022: Illinois
- $1.05 billion, Mega Millions, Jan. 22, 2021: Won in Michigan
- $768.4 million, Powerball, March 27, 2019: Won in Wisconsin
- $758.7 million, Powerball, Aug. 23, 2017: Won in Massachusetts
- $730 million,, Powerball, Jan. 20, 2021: Won in Maryland
- $699.8 million, Powerball, Oct. 4, 2021: Won in California
- $687.8 million, Powerball, Oct. 27, 2018: Two winners in Iowa, New York
- $656 million, March 30, 2012: Three winners in Illinois, Kansas, Maryland