This page covers how to make an account for your Meta Quest 2 or Oculus Quest 2 and how to setup Oculus Quest 2 Account Without Facebook, including directions for making a Meta account with and without a Facebook account. There are also instructions for unlinking a Meta account from Facebook.
What You Should Know
- Go to the Meta website, choose the sort of account you wish to establish, and then follow the prompts to create your Meta account.
- Meta accounts can be created using an email address, Facebook, or Instagram.
- In the Account Center, you can link and disconnect a Meta account from Facebook at any moment.
If you’re still using an Oculus account to access your Quest, you can do so until January 1, 2023. You will then be given a code via your headset that you may enter into meta.com/websetup to convert to a Meta account.
How Do You Make a Meta Account?
Meta accounts can be formed with an email address, a Facebook or Instagram account, or by detaching your existing Quest profile from your Facebook account. If you’re creating a new account or disconnecting an existing Quest profile from a Facebook account, you can do so using the Meta website on both PC and mobile.
Users who have never experienced virtual reality (VR) before and do not wish to link their Meta account to a Facebook account can register a new account on the Meta website using only their email address. This technique is also applicable to anyone who has previously used their Quest but does not wish to continue using their existing VR profile.
Users who previously set up their Quest using Facebook and wish to maintain games purchased must create a Meta account using their Facebook account. If you use this technique, you will have the option of creating a separate Meta account that maintains all of your prior game purchases or a Meta account that is linked to your Facebook account. Those who choose the latter option will be able to separate their Meta and Facebook accounts via the Account Center in the future.
If you’ve recently purchased a Quest but haven’t yet utilised it, the process of setting up your Quest will create your Meta account. Put on the headset, jot down the code that appears, then enter it into the Meta Quest app on your phone. To create your Meta account, you’ll be able to sign in with Facebook, Instagram, or an email address.
How to Make a Meta (Oculus) Account Without Facebook
You can sign up for a new Meta account on their website using an email address, Facebook account, or Instagram account. If you already have a Facebook account that you’ve used with an Oculus headset, you can create a Meta account by separating it from your Facebook account.
If you’ve already purchased games using a Facebook or Oculus account, don’t create a Meta account using an email address. To keep your games, you must create a new account using your previous one.
Here’s how to set up a new Meta account with your email address:
- Navigate to Meta’s site and select Set up an account with email.
- Enter your email address and select Next.
- Enter your name and select Next.
- Enter your birthday and select Next.
- Create a password and select Next.
- Verify the information you’ve entered, and select Create account.
- Retrieve the verification code from your email, and select Continue.
- Your account is now ready. You can use it to log into your Quest and the Meta Quest app.
How to Create a Meta (Oculus) Account With Facebook
If you’ve already linked your Quest to your Facebook account, your VR profile and any purchases you’ve made on your Quest are linked to that Facebook account. In that scenario, you’ll need to link your Facebook account to your Meta account. You will have the option to decouple the new Meta account from your Facebook account during this process. You can also link and unlink these accounts later in the Account Center on Facebook.
Here’s how to link your Facebook account to your Meta account:
- Navigate to Meta’s site and select Continue with Facebook.
- Select Continue as (your name).You’ll have to log in first if you aren’t already logged into Facebook on this device.
- Click Next.
- Click Continue.If you own any Quest devices that haven’t received the Meta update, you’ll see a warning. Make sure to update your Quests before you proceed.
- Click Set up with Facebook.If you prefer to create a Meta account that isn’t tied to your Facebook account, but retains access to all your games, click Continue without Facebook instead and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Select Continue.
- Select Finish account setup.
- Select Next.
- Enter a name to use for your Horizons profile, and select Next.
- Select Next.
- Choose a privacy level, and select Review.
- Review your choices, and select Accept and Continue.
- Select Next.If you want to add a link to your Facebook account to your Horizon profile, click or tap the toggle.
- Select Finish.
- Your Meta account is now set up and connected to your Facebook account.
How to Connect Your Quest to Your New Meta Account
After successfully creating your Meta account, you must link your Quest to your new account. This is done using the Meta website, which may be accessed via PC or smartphone. Here’s how to complete the procedure:
- Put on your headset, and make note of the code.
- Navigate to Meta’s device page, enter your code, and select Connect your device.
- Wait until you see the device connected message.
- Your Quest will restart, and then you’ll be able to use it with your new Meta account.
How to Separate a Meta Account From Facebook
If you owned a Quest before Meta accounts were introduced, your Facebook account is linked to any games you purchased on Quest, your VR profile, your headset, and the Meta Quest app. If you like, you can leave it that way, or you can separate your Meta account so that the two are no longer linked. The Meta account will inherit all of your Quest purchases, and you will use it to log into your Quest from then on.
Meta accounts can be freely connected and disconnected from Facebook accounts, much as Instagram accounts can be linked and unlinked from Facebook.
To disassociate your Meta account from your Facebook account, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Meta’s account center’s profile page, and select Accounts.
- Locate your Meta account and select Remove.
- Select Continue.
- Select Remove (your name).
- Your Meta account will be removed from your Facebook account.
NO MORE FACEBOOK! Quest 2 is FINALLY FREE!
How can I change the administrator account on my Oculus Quest 2?
The only way to change the admin account is to factory reset your Quest 2. Then, connect your system to the other account.
Can I have numerous accounts in Quest 2?
Yes. An Oculus Quest 2 can have up to three extra accounts. Set up numerous accounts on your Quest 2 using the original admin account.
How can I remove an Oculus Quest 2 account?
To delete an account, navigate to Settings > Accounts and click the Remove button next to the account. The administrator account cannot be deleted.