We have Heardle back. …And the answer?
A simple answer to today’s Heardle question may be challenging for those who aren’t in the right generation or who aren’t enjoying certain types of music. You’ll understand what I mean if you’ve ever played Heardle.
Are you new to the game? One of the best Wordle clones and Wordle replacements, it provides you six chances to identify a song from a 15-second intro instead of making you guess five-letter words. You don’t need to be a music aficionado to obtain a decent score on Heardle, which gets its playlist from the most popular songs that have been streamed on a variety of platforms.
Even so, it can be quite difficult to determine a song’s title based solely on its entrance. To help you out, we’ve been keeping track of the solutions to previous Heardle games, and if you’re stumped by today’s answer, we’ll give you some pointers.
In addition, if you just want the answer to today’s Heardle, you may get it here as well. We don’t care what anyone else thinks.
Warning: spoilers lie ahead for Heardle #151, so only read on if you want to know today’s Heardle answer!
Today’s Heardle hints, Monday, July 25
Before we reveal today’s answer, here are a few hints that should help you if you’re stuck.
- This song was released in 2019
- Before they became famous, this artist auditioned for The Voice, American Idol and America’s Got Talent, but was rejected by all three
- Today’s Heardle song was the second-biggest country song of 2020, the first being Hope by Gabby Barrett
Alright, that’s the hints done with — time for the solution.
Today’s Heardle answer, Monday, July 25
So, what is today’s Heardle answer?
The answer is The Bones by Maren Morris.
Did you get it? If Heardle’s clip wasn’t enough for you, check out the full song here:
Well done if you got the right answer!
This was another tricky song for many Heardle players to guess. In the intro, we get a guitar melody followed by some vocals at the 12-second mark. But I saw more Heardle players fail this game than succeed today. A few people online did profess their love for this artist, though, so the song wasn’t totally lost on Heardle’s userbase.
I had no clue on what this song was. I thought the intro sounded like it could be by Ed Sheeran, Lewis Capaldi, or Shawn Mendes, but I was grasping at straws. Hopefully there are some more recognizable songs on the way soon.
Previous Heardle answers
If you’re looking for a list of older Heardle answers, we can also help. Here’s a list going back 20 games.
- #150, July 24: Stone Temple Pilots — Interstate Love Song
- #149, July 23: Scissor Sisters — Take Your Mama
- #148, July 22: Wolfmother — Joker And The Thief
- #147, July 21: Janelle Monáe — Make Me Feel
- #146, July 20: Meat Loaf — Paradise By the Dashboard Light
- #145, July 19: Phoenix — Lisztomania
- #143, July 18: Weezer — Island in the Sun
- #142, July 17: David Bowie — Modern Love
- #141, July 16: Sia — Cheap Thrills
- #140, July 15: ZZ Top — La Grange
- #139, July 14: Radiohead — High and Dry
- #138, July 13: My Chemical Romance — Welcome To The Black Parade
- #137, July 12: Fun — We Are Young ft. Janelle Monáe
- #136, July 11: So Solid Crew — 21 Seconds
- #135, July 10: Sade — Smooth Operator
- #134, July 9: Kevin Lyttle — Turn Me On
- #133, July 8: ASAP Rocky (ft. Skepta.) — Praise The Lord (Da Shine)
- #132, July 7: Craig David — Rewind
- #131, July 6: Jennifer Lopez — If You Had My Love
- #130, July 5: Eric Carmen — Hungry Eyes