This post will show you how to prevent blocked numbers from leaving voicemails on Android. The instructions apply to all Android phones, regardless of manufacturer (Google, Samsung, etc.).
What You Should Know
- Use a third-party app such as AT&T Call Protect, Verizon Smart Family, T-Mobile Scam Shield, or Call Control.
- Block the number and enable the spam filter on the Google Voice app. This is only applicable to your Google Voice number.
How to Block Someone so They Can’t Leave Voicemail
When you block a number on your Android phone, your phone will not ring, but the caller can still leave voicemails. To prevent calls from leaving voicemails, utilise an app that flags blocked numbers as spam. Your options are determined by your phone carrier.
Block Voicemails Through Your Service Provider
You can block numbers through the services of major mobile carriers such as AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon.
If you have an AT&T phone, you may download the AT&T Call Protect app for free. The Call Protect service automatically bans known spam numbers, and you can specify which numbers are not allowed to leave voicemails. You can block telemarketers, political calls, and private calls for an additional cost.
Verizon customers can block up to five numbers for free for a limited time. After 90 days, the block must be reapplied. Sign up for the Verizon Smart Family plan to permanently block calls and voicemails from up to 20 numbers.
Verizon Smart Family is a premium service that also allows you to block numbers and set data, call, and text limits during particular times of the day. To get started, download the Verizon Smart Family app.
T-Mobile subscribers can use the Scam Shield app to block scam calls. While the app is free, the premium version is required to block voicemails from particular numbers.
Block Voicemails With Call Control
Other call blocker apps for Android can prevent blacklisted numbers from leaving voicemail. Most of these apps merely block calls, however Call Control is a paid programme that also blocks voicemails. Call Control provides a communal list of spoof and spam numbers in addition to your own block list.
Call Control is free to download from the Google Play Store, but you must pay an annual subscription fee to use the service fully.
How to Send Voicemails From Blocked Numbers to Spam With Google Voice
You can block numbers and send voicemails to the spam bin if you have a Google Voice number. Calls from Google Voice can be forwarded to your carrier’s number, however this method is only useful if you use Google Voice as your primary number because individuals can still leave voicemails if they phone you directly.
- Download the Google Voice app from the Play Store and open it.
- Log in with your Google account and allow and Google Voice to access your contacts, microphone, etc.
- Go to Calls, Contacts, or Messages and tap the number you wish to block.
- Tap the three dots next to the number.
- Tap Block number, then tap Block again to confirm. A red icon will appear next to the number indicating that it’s blocked.
- To make sure voicemails from blocked numbers go to spam instead of your inbox, tap Menu (the three lines next to the search field).
- Tap Settings.
- Turn on Filter spam.To listen to voicemails from blocked numbers, tap Menu > Spam.
On Android, how can I detect if someone has blocked my phone number?
If you get an unusual message when you call or text, such as “The person you are calling is unavailable,” it’s possible that your number has been blocked through their wireless carrier. If you hear only one ring, no ring at all, or a busy signal, it’s possible that your number has been blocked through their wireless carrier.
On Android, where can I find blocked numbers?
On Android, launch the Phone app and navigate to the three-dot menu > Settings > Blocked Numbers. Unblock a number by tapping the X next to it.
Why is a blacklisted number continuing to call me on Android?
When you block a phone number, you may still receive notifications when they attempt to call you. In your call logs, calls from blocked numbers are labelled as Blocked.