In Minecraft, the Night Vision Potion allows you to see clearly in the dark. You can even see underwater with the night vision potion.
Note: The instructions in this article are applicable to Minecraft on all platforms, including Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
What You Need to Make a Night Vision Potion
Here’s everything you need to make the Potion of Night Vision:
- A Crafting Table (craft with 4 Wood Planks)
- A Brewing Stand (craft with 1 Blaze Rod and 3 Cobblestones)
- 1 Blaze Powder (craft with 1 Blaze Rod)
- 1 Water Bottle
- 1 Nether Wart
- 1 Golden Carrot
There are also several variations of this potion. To make them, you’ll also need:
- Dragon’s Breath
Witches will occasionally drop potions, including Potions of Night Vision.
How to Make a Potion of Night Vision in Minecraft
To craft a night vision potion, follow these steps:
- Make Blaze Powder using a Blaze Rod.
- Make a Crafting Table using four wood planks. Any type of plank will do (Warped Planks, Crimson Planks, etc.).
- Put your Crafting Table on the ground and interact with it to bring up the 3X3 crafting grid.
- Craft a Brewing Stand by placing a Blaze Rod in the middle of the top row and three Cobblestones in the second row.
- Place the Brewing Stand on the ground and interact with it to open the brewing menu.
- Add the Blaze Powder to the upper-left box to activate the Brewing Stand.
- Add a Water Bottle to one of the three boxes at the bottom of the brewing menu.Add Water Bottles to the other bottom boxes to make up to three night vision potions at once.
- Add the Nether Wart to the top box of the brewing menu.
- Wait for the brewing process to complete. When the progress bar is full, your bottle will contain an Awkward Potion.
- Add the Golden Carrot to the top box of the brewing menu.
- Wait for the brewing process to complete. When the progress bar is full, your bottle will contain a Potion of Night Vision.If you want to extend the duration of the night vision effect, add Redstone to the Potion of Night Vision.
How to Make a Splash Potion of Night Vision
To make a night vision potion that you may use on other players, add a Potion of Night Vision to the bottom box of the brewing menu, followed by Gun Powder.
How to Make a Lingering Potion of Night Vision
To construct a Lingering Potion of Night Vision, put a Splash Potion of Night Vision to the bottom box in the brewing menu, followed by Dragon’s Breath.
What Does the Potion of Night Vision Do?
When you use the Potion of Night Vision, your vision remains constant in the dark and underwater. The Night Vision Splash Potion has the same effect, except it can be hurled at other players. The Lingering Potion of Night Vision forms a mist that provides anyone who goes inside the effect of underwater breathing. The way you use a potion is determined by the platform you’re playing on:
- PC: Right-click and hold
- Mobile: Tap and hold
- Xbox: Press and hold LT
- PlayStation: Press and hold L2
- Nintendo: Press and hold ZL
How to Make a Potion of Night Vision! | Easy Minecraft Potions Guide
In Minecraft, how can I manufacture a healing potion?
In Minecraft, open the Brewing Stand menu and add Blaze powder to activate the Brewing Stand. Add a water bottle, a nether wart, and a gleaming cantaloupe to the mix. Your container now contains a healing medicine.
What ingredients do I need to produce a Minecraft weakness potion?
Open the Brewing Stand menu and add Blaze powder to activate Brewing Stand to manufacture a Minecraft weakness potion. Combine a water bottle with a fermenting spider eye. When the brewing is finished, the spider eye will vanish and the bottle will contain a weakening potion.